News and Events
New Ambassador of Paraguay to Sweden
Mrs. Romina Taboada Tonina presented on September 13th 2018 to His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden, the Letters of Credence accrediting her as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Paraguay to the Kingdom of Sweden.
Seminar “Exchange of Experiences in Higher Education, Science and Innovation: The Nordic Countries” National University of Asunción, 18 – 20 September
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Paraguay together with the Embassy of Paraguay in Sweden, National University of Asunción; Ministry of Education and Science; the National Secretariat for Information and Communication Technologies(Senatics); Becas Carlos Antonio López (BECAL) and Conacyt hosted the visit of the Nordic Delegation from Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland to Asunción, in September 18-21th 2017.
The Seminar aimed to create strategic partnership between nordic and paraguayan institutions linked to the areas of science, technology and innovation such as universities, research institutes, students, offices and national agencies responsible for higher education, cooperation and academic mobility.
The event proposed to:
- Present the policies and best practices implemented by the Nordic countries in areas such as higher education, science, technology and innovation.
- Identify existing tools and mechanisms to increased cooperation and academic mobility between Paraguay and the Nordic countries.
- Encourage the creation of strategic partnerships between universities from Nordic countries and Paraguay.
- Promote the Nordic countries as a destination for studies and research.
Panelists from 5 countries such as Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Paraguay and more than 280 participants were registered at https://eventos.paraguay.gov.py/paisesnordicos/en/home/
1. Daniel Edquist. Head of Unit at The Swedish Council for higher education and deputy director for the Erasmus+ National Agency in Sweden. The Swedish Council for Higher Education.
2. Samu Seitsalo. Director of the Department for Internationalization Services. The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI).
3. Malin Larsson. Regional Advisor for the Americas. Swedish Institute.
4. Guðlaug Matthildur Jakobsdóttir. Head of International Office. Reykjavik University.
5. Andreas Gothenberg. Executive Director STINT Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education.
6. Kajsa Ekroos. Senior Planning Officer, Project Coordinator of FinCEAL+ – Finnish University Partnership for International Development.
7. Miguel Cornejo Herrera. Regional Manager Latinoamérica. LUND University.
8. Prof. Carl-Gustaf Jansson. Director of the KTH ICT Research Platform. KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
9. Catrine Åkerblom. Desk officer for the Linnaeus-Palme Programme. Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR)cation.
10. Adriana Benítez Ferreira. Director of Organization and Strategic Planning. European Institute of International Studies.
11. Prof. Jorge Moreno López. Professor in Virology. Dept of Biomedicine and Veterinary Public Health. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
12. Norwegian Consul to Paraguay, Mr. Cristian Cibils in representation of the Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU) and The Research Council Norway(NFR)
Representatives from Paraguayan Institutions:
13. Cynthia Filártiga Lacroix. Director of International Cooperation. Ministry of Foreign Affairs Paraguay.
14. Jazmín Ayala Roa. Chargé D´Affaires, Embassy of Paraguay to Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark.
15. José Manuel Silvero Arévalos. Director General of Postgraduate and International Relations. Universidad Nacional de Asunción.
16. Nelson Federico Mora Peralta. General Coordinator of the National Scholarship Program “Don Carlos Antonio López”.
17. Ramón Iriarte Casco. Coordinator National Researcher Incentive Program PRONII – CONACYT – National Council for Science and Technology.
18. Daniel Pérez. Director General. Center for Research and Educational Innovation of the Ministry of Education and Science (MEC).
19. Leticia Romero. Director General for ICT in Education and Digital Inclusion. National Secretariat of Information and Communication Technologies (SENATICs).
IX International Symposium on Ka´a He´e - Stevia
This event is organized by the Paraguayan Stevia Chamber of Commerce (CAPASTE), to be held at the Itaipú Convention Center, Alto Paraná - Paraguay, on 22 and 23 of September, 2016.
Ka’a He’e - Stevia is a natural food additive originated in Paraguay acknowledged worldwide as one of the most promising sweetening solutions of the healthy food and beverage industries. The present edition will focused on sharing and discussing the advantages, difficulties, needs and achievements in the value chain of natural sweeteners for the “Food, Beverage and healthy products with low calories global industry”.
The Ka’a He’e Stevia Paraguayan Chamber invites to entrepreneurs in Food, Beverage and other industries that demand Ka’a He'e as a valued input; Leaf importers, intermediaries and finished Ka’a He’e- Stevia products; Entrepreneurs, national and foreign investors of extract industry and applicants in general. In this edition, the 1st B2B Matchmaking - Business Meeting will be held in order to generate an exchange space for commercial, professional or another field of interest associated to stevia.
CAPASTE is an association that joins together the most important stevia actors and is host and organizer of this IX edition. Is an active member of the European Stevia Association – EUSTAS; OriGin - Geneva (Switzerland); Stevia Mexican Chamber – CAMEXTE; REDIEX Stevia Board - Ministry of Industry and Trade; Paraguayan Production Guild Union – UGP
For more information, registration and preliminary program, please visit the web page: http://globiz.com/events/simposio-stevia-2016/en/event.php
II Investment Forum Paraguay - Europe
II Investment Forum Paraguay- Europe, Paraguay: Internationalization Platform for European Enterprise, to be held in Asunción on April 11 th and 12th, 2016, at the Sheraton Asunción Hotel: Paraguay is one of the best countries of the Latin-American region with an excellent business environment; the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has been increased 4, 8% on average in the last 11 years. Additionally, Paraguay holds an outstanding macroeconomic stability, 22% rate of return for the Direct Foreign Investment (DFI), and the most competitive tax regime of the region. Paraguay is considered a competitive platform with the lowest production costs of Mercosur.
The II Investment Forum Paraguay – Europe 2016 offers business contacts to european professionals and investors, who are looking for potential partners in Latin-American countries to ensure sustainable business development and growth. The program will include presentations of international lecturers, thematic panels of how to invest in Paraguay, forums and workshops with personalized business agenda for its visitors, conducted in English. Attending this B2B event will give you easy access to enterprises from different industries such as autoparts, textile and garments, infrastructure, food and agribusinesses, transport and logistics.
For registrer and program details, please go to the website www.investparaguay-eu.com
LAC Flavors Paraguay 2015
LAC Flavors is a premier annual business matchmaking event of the agribusiness sector in the Western Hemisphere. The 7th edition of LAC Flavors brought together food exporters from countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as international buyers from other regions of the world to explore business opportunities in one-on-one matchmaking meetings. The event also offered a practical insight to learn about the latest trends in the food industry and was held in Asunción, Paraguay, on September 15th-17th 2015.
For more information please visit the web site https://lacflavors.mybusinessmatches.com/
Paraguay - MERCOSUR
Paraguay has assumed the Pro Tempore Presidency of MERCOSUR, at a ceremony held in Brasilia on Friday 17th of July, 2015.
Paraguay, as chair of the group, is committed to return MERCOSUR to 'its roots', reactivating the commercial relations with its associates and other integration blocs, bringing a dynamic social agenda that benefits to the population of each of its member states; promoting the free movement of goods, people and capital; ensuring integration of border towns; encouraging energy integration and maintaining the FOCEM as an instrument for overcoming assymetries of the least developed partner countries in the bloc.
The President Horacio Cartes, announced that the management will have a pragmatic, realistic and constructive approach, and that Paraguay will play a leading role to support the negotiations between MERCOSUR and the EU in order to advance on the Bi-regional Trade Agreement.