To obtain a Non-Resident Tourist Visa the applicant must:
- Provide a current passport with an expiration date at least six months away.
- Have completed and signed the Visa application form.
- Provide one (1) passport size photo with white background.
- Flight itinerary.
- Provide an official or company letter stating purpose of the trip, in case of an official or business trip.
- In the case of minors, the Visa application form has to be signed by both parents and presented along with the original birth certificate of the minor. If the minor is traveling alone, with one parent only or a third party, an authorization signed before a public notary is requested, along with a copy of the ID cards of both parents.
- Pay the multiple entry visa fee of US$ 160.00, in cash or money order payable to the Consulate of Paraguay. Credit cards or personal checks are not accepted.
Important: In order to activate the visa you must travel within (6) six months after it was issued. If on this period of time the visa is not activated a new application will be necessary to submit. Visitors can stay in Paraguay for a maximum of 3 months (90 days) at time.
VISAS ON ARRIVAL
Only Passport holders of AUSTRALIA, CANADA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, NEW ZEALAND AND CHINA (TAIWAN) can obtain an Arrival Visa at the airport "Silvio Pettirossi" International Airport in Asunción, Paraguay.
The requirements to obtain the Visa on Arrival are
1. Valid passport.
2. Payment IN CASH for the established amount.
Costs for the Visas on Arrival are as follows:
- Citizens of AUSTRALIA U$S 135.00
- Citizens of CANADA U$S 150.00
- Citizens of UNITES STATES OF AMERICA U$S 160.00
- Citizens of NEW ZEALAND U$S 140.00
- Citizens of CHINA (TAIWAN) U$S 100.00