To apply for repatriation benefits, the applicant must:
- Filled out and signed application form provided by the Consulate.
- Have a Paraguayan ID card or passport.
- Hold Paraguayan citizenship.
- Present proof of at least two years of foreign residency.
- Provide a list of all personal items to be taken back to Paraguay.
- Provide the original bill of lading.
Provide a passport size photo.
After evaluation, the Consulate will issue the corresponding Certificate that must be presented to the "Secretaria de Desarrollo para Repatriados y Refugiados Connacionales" in Paraguay (Laws 227/93 and 978/96). The Certificate is exempted of consular fees, as well as the legalization of personal documents of the Paraguayans nationals that are certified for repatriation and the members of their family.