Issuance of travel document
The Consulate issues travel documents to Paraguayan citizens in order to facilitate their return to the country, in case their passports were lost, destroyed, stolen or have expired. The travel document is only valid to travel to Paraguay within sixty days of the date of issuance.
To obtain a travel document, the applicant must:
- Bring expired Paraguayan passport or ID card. If not in possession of any of these documents, the applicant needs to provide a police report or an affidavit stating reason for not having them.
- Provide a passport size photo with white background.
- Pay the consular fee of US $ 30.00, in cash or money order payable to the Consulate of Paraguay. Credit Cards or personal checks are not accepted.
Travel document for minors
Minors under the age of 18 are not allowed to apply for a travel document on their own. Parents or legal tutors must apply in person for it and sign the application form. In the absence of the parents, a minor's permit issued in Paraguay or a travel authorization signed by both parents is needed. In order to confirm identity the following documents must be presented:
- Copy of passports or ID cards of both parents.
- Original birth certificate of the minor.
- Document to prove legal custody, in case of absence of one or both parents.