To apply for a new passport, applicants must send by courrier to the Embassy the following:1. Passport Application Form duly completed and signed by the applicant. Forms can be
obtained from the Embassy or downloaded here: Passport Application Form (PDF)
All ONLINE FORMS and documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF), which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing and printing. Details and FREE download of this software PROGRAM may be found at Adobe.com
2. Photocopy of the Paraguayan Cedula de Identidad, both sides (preferable in color). Do not send the original.
3. Photocopy of the Paraguayan passport about to expire or already expired (from the page with personal data and of the last renovation, if the case. Preferable in color). Do not send the original passport.
4. A recent photo size 5 x 7 cm, white background (Canadian passport type).
5. Signature card obtainable at the Embassy or downloaded here: signature Signature Card card (PDF)
7- Not have an arrest warrant pending in Paraguay.
Emergency and Temporary Passports
The Embassy issues travel documents to Paraguayan citizens in order to facilitate their return to the country, in case their passports were lost, destroyed, stolen or expired. The travel document is only valid to travel to Paraguay within thirty days of the date of issuance.
To obtain the Emergency or Temporary passport, the applicant must:
• Bring expired Paraguayan passport or ID card. If not in possession of any of these documents, the applicant needs to provide a police report or an affidavit stating the reason for not having them.
• Provide a passport size photo.
• Pay the consular fee of U$S 30.00 with money order or cashier's check payable to the EMBASSY OF PARAGUAY. Personal and company checks are not accepted.
Minors under the age of 18 are not allowed to apply on their own. Parents or tutors must apply in person for it and signed the application. In case the parents are absent, either an authorization issued by the Judiciary in Paraguay or an authorization to travel signed by both parents is needed. In order to confirm identity the following documents must be presented:
• Copy of passports or ID cards from both parents
• Copy of the minor’s birth certificate
• Document to prove legal custody, in case of absence of one or both parents