Embassy of Paraguay in Canada Officials:
First Secretary OSCAR AUGUSTO LUIZ DIVALDO BAEZ (Political, Economic and Commercial Affairs)
Second Secretary OSCAR PÉREZ FIGUEREDO (Consular, Cultural and Cooperation Affairs)
Objectives and functions of the Embassy
- The objective of the Embassy of Paraguay in Canada is to promote and strengthen bilateral relations through the development of political, economic, cultural and scientific ties between the two countries, as well to represent and protect the interests of the Paraguayan State and of their nationals in the Canadian territory, according to the principles of international law.
- Strengthen and expand the agenda with Canada in the various fields emanating from the agreements reached at the multilateral meetings and bilateral consultation mechanisms.
- Follow-up to the internal and external policy of Canada.
- Propose courses of action and strategies to address permanent and short-term bilateral issues.
- Promote and strengthen cooperation in areas of mutual interest.