NATIONALS OF SWEDEN, FINLAND, NORWAY AND DENMARK DO NOT REQUIRE A VISA ENTRY PARAGUAY. THE STAY PERIOD AS "NON RESIDENT" IS NINETY (90) DAYS.
Other Countries: Nationals from Australia, Canadá, United States, New Zeland and Taiwán can apply for arrival visas at Silvio Petirossi Airport - Asunción.
National from other countries: Please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must send the documents prior by email and post.
•Visa Application forms fully completed and signed by the applicant.
•The original passport valid for at least six months (+2 copies from the personal data page).
· If you had previously travelled to other countries, send a copy of other visas or stamped passport.
•Two (2) passport size color pictures.
•Proof of economical solvency: bank statement (+ 2 copies) and/or applicant's Credit Card.
•For those participating in conferences, seminars, artistic or sports events or study in Paraguay, an invitation letter is required (+ 2 copies). The same applies if you want to travel as a tourist, you must indicate your Hotel or accommodation information.
•For those travelling for business, a company letter is required, indicating purpose, length of stay, contact name, telephone and address in Paraguay.
•Two (2) copies of round trip itinerary to Paraguay from the Airline/Travel Agency.
• Two (2) copies of a document showing the current address: Driver License or phone/utility statement with the current address.
• Two (2) copies of a document showing legal stay in Sweden, Finland, Norway or Denmark
- Copy of Police Records with the correspondent apostille stamp.
•The applicant's must apply in person at the Office of the Consular Department in all cases.
• Minors under 18 years old cannot sign the Visa application; it must be signed by the Father and the Mother or the legal guardian. If the parents are not traveling with the minor, they must authorize the trip in writing, by appearing in person at the Consular Department to sign the Visa Application before the Consular Agent; alternatively they can submit a written travel authorization signed before a Notary Public. They must also submit to the Consular Department copies of the following documents: minor's Birth Certificate, passports or valid ID cards of the parents or guardian and document of legal custody (if applicable).
Additional documents may be required. In all cases, please contact first email@example.com
IMPORTANT: APPLICATIONS FROM COUNTRIES WITH NO DIPLOMATIC RELATION WITH PARAGUAY*, THE PROCESSING MAY TAKE 20-30 DAYS. FIRST ENTRY INTO PARAGUAY MUST BE MADE WITHIN 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUE OF THE VISA. VISA REQUIREMENTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. NO LIABILITY WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE EMBASSY FOR THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY CHANGES IN REQUIREMENTS OR REFUSAL OF THE VISA.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TEMPORARY/PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT:
You can apply once in Asunción (swedish, norwegian, danish and finnish nationals do not need visa to enter to Paraguay), at the Migration Departament.
Address: Caballero Nº 201 esq. Eligio Ayala Asunción - Paraguay
Telephone: +595 21 446 066
It could take approximately 90 days.
The following documents are required:
1. Original Passport (and translated to Spanish) with at least 2 years of validity + one copy attested by a notary public. Copy of the proof of legal entrance to the country (stamped passport), issued by the immigrations authorities at the control posts (airports or border);
2. Application form (provided by the Migration Department in Paraguay)
3. 6 passport size photos
Documents from Sweden/Norway/Denmark/Finland
1. Police or Court Records of the country of origin of the applicant; (with apostille) Original + one copy attested by a notary public. Translation to Spanish with apostille is required if the document is in Swedish/finnish/danish or norwegian. If the document is in English, you can ask translation provided by a Public Translator registered in the Supreme Court of Justice of Paraguay.
2. Birth Certificate (with apostille ) + one copy attested by a notary public. Translation to Spanish with apostille.
3. Civil State Certificate (with apostille) + one copy attested by a notary public. Translation to Spanish with apostille.
4. Economic solvency statement: may be proven as follows:
*Bank statement regarding savings (5000 usd dolars at least) or current account and attached a copy ID. This letter must be signed and translate, both need the apostille + one copy attested by a notary public.
An additional document could be the Certificate of studies or Degree title, with the apostille stamp and translated to Spanish.
5. Affidavit confirming that the applicant will abide by the laws of the country attested by a Notary Public. This document needs the translation and apostille stamp if is generated in Sweden/Norway/Denmark/Finland.
If is from a notary public in Paraguay, you will find a sample in Spanish at the web page of the Migration Department, here http://www.migraciones.gov.py/application/files/9514/7249/6660/DDJJ_de_Cumplimiento_del_Art._23_-_Mayores_de_Edad.pdf
Once in Asunción, these additional documents are required:
6. Police records for foreigners to be obtained in the Police Department (Dirección: R.I. 2 Ytororó c/ Boggiani – Asunción, Paraguay) + one copy attested by a notary public
7. Life and residence Certificate issued by the jurisdictional police station in Paraguay. + one copy attested by a notary public
Health Certificate to be obtained at the Ministry of Public Health in Asunción (Av Petirrossi y Brasil, Asuncion)
All the documents must be original + copy attested by notary public and translated to spanish. The Migration Department might ask for further documents. Requirements may be subject to changes.
FOR APOSTILLE STAMP:
Documents from Sweden:
The Government of Sweden has chosen Swedish notaries public as their officials, who are designated to certify the authenticity of Swedish public documents, seals and signatures.
We suggest that you look in the yellow pages under "notarius publicus" to find the officer nearest you to authenticate Swedish documents for use in Paraguay or another foreign country.
Más información: http://www.sweden.gov.se/sb/d/5706/a/46547#46547
Documents From Norway
Please contact the following authorities:.
·The County Governors (Fylkesmannen)
·Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
7. juni-plassen / Victoria Terrasse
PO box 8114 Dep.
0032 OSLO Norway
+47 22 24 36 00/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents From Finland
Please contact the following authorities:.
Maistraatti : http://www.maistraatti.fi/en/
Documents from Denmark
Please contact the following authorities:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs- Legalisation Office
Asiatisk Plads 2
DK-1448 Copenhagen K
Tel.: +45 33 92 12 33 / Legalisering@um.dk